1. Whats good Boone?
Everything is outstanding! Holding it down getting ready for this winter time up here in Alaska.
2. How did you come up with your name Boone Pratt?
Boone Pratt was a name that I picked up while I was in the military. We used to wear Boonie Caps a lot in the unit I was in (509th INF ABN). So I changed up the spelling a little and ran with it.
3. We last spoke with you in a group interview for “Fists Of The North Star”. For those that don’t know that is you and fellow Alaskan emcee, Main Adrenaline. What’s the status of the group now, anything in the works?
Fists of the North Star are currently recording the CD “Family First” and we are also getting ready to start up with the shows. So we’ll be looking for gigs these up and coming months. Feels good to be back on the stage and giving a little more to the people.
4. We asked you last year what’s the Alaskan Hiphop scene was like, has anything changed since we last spoke?
I think that the Alaskan Hip Hop scene is about the same. A lot of talent up here so it feels good be part of the scene. But I have a little something different coming to keep me from being the same.
(See previous interview here – )
5. We heard you been grinding it out taking courses with Full Sail while still in Alaska. What are you going for?
Yes, been at it for a minute now and it feels good. I’m going for Digital Cinematography. It’s a very good course and I feel that it will help me with delivering more of a message with my music. I’m looking at the course to give me another way to express myself. I’m learning a lot and looking forward to completing the course.
6. Being you guys have a 4 hour time difference can you tell us how it’s been waking up for a class like 4am (laughs)?
If you really want something you’ll do what you have to do to get it. I’ve been up super early for some classes and I admit it’s hard to get up. But It’s what I want so I push through it. I’ve learned so much in a small amount of time that I look forward to the crazy hours.
7. For those that don’t know have you ever released any solo mixtapes or albums to date?
No. but, I’m currently working on an Solo EP right now with Mike Kalombo (Music Producer). Coming up with a different sound than what I’ve been doing. I feel that Mike has helped me with that, so I’m looking forward to dropping that very soon. But I’ll also be dropping some singles in October so check those out.
8. Whats coming next from Boone Pratt?
I’m looking at doing more shows. I’m wanting to be out with the people more so they can get to know me. I’m always working on new music and that will be a way to get it out to some different people.
9.You made a big splash with you “Evolution” video. Is it hard to follow that up as a solo artist?
I don’t think so. I really like that song, but it was just the beginning of what I’m trying to do. I’m always evolving so I don’t look at trying to match it, rather bring something new a different. That video stands pretty strong but I feel all my videos and songs do. They reflex me at different points in musical growth. When people listen they’ll see the difference not just in lyrics but my approach to music.
10. A few years later a remix came out for that song on Digital Dynasty 34 (Hosted by Ill Bill). It featured a lot of emcees from all over the country. How did that remix come about?
Yes and I love the remix! I was able to work with Tha Advocate to get some fire MC’s for the track. He had said it would be nice to get a remix out of it. I think he picked the right guys for the job. The track features so very good lyrics something that makes you listen. That’s what it’s all about.
11. We heard that you have an alter ego named Holy Spits! Can you tell us about that in more detail?
All I can say is get as much Boone Pratt music as you can. Go to as many shows as you can because Holy Spits is totally different than Boone Pratt. Holy Spits will be on the EP so make sure to check it out. Something a little different, old and new at the same time.
12. So when is the first Holy Spits project gonna drop?
I’m looking to have the Holy Spits project drop early next year. But he’ll show up before then.
13. You dropped a video for “Messenger From Raven” a while back. It was really mysterious and showed a little bit of Alaskan folklore. You did that while shooting it in Brooklyn of all places. How did that track and video come about and what was it like shooting it in NYC?
The Messenger from Raven is a very good track. The video is about Boone Pratt making a trip to New York as a messenger. Basically I wanted to make a trip to the mecca of hip hop to show that hip hop is also in Alaska. Must people know I’m from Alaska but I wanted to kind of make the connection. So it came out good. I was able to meet with Raven (played by Pauline Mitchell) to continue to spread the light through lyrics.
14. So whats next from Boone Pratt for the rest of 2015?
A lot of new music. Starting Oct 2015, I have some solo tracks dropping. The Second Flowtronics CD will also drop soon. If you didn’t check out the first one go download it and get caught up. The producer on this Flowtronics will be EmJae Cash Beats (Check Emjae Cash Beats on Facebook). Really came through with some good beats and the EP looks like it’s going to be hot. The Fist Of the North Star CD also coming. We’re currently in the studio recording that now. So there should be some really good new music out for people to get ahold of.
15. The floor is yours homie, feel free to give any shouts outs or plugs. Also let our readers know where to connect with you.
Make sure to check out Main Adrenaline on Facebook and youtube. After that stop by Rizzle P on Soundcloud and Facebook. Look up Boone Pratt in Google, Yelp or what ever search engine. I’m open for shows Booking at Boonepratt@gmail.com. Go look for Boone Pratt on Soundcloud, youtube, instragam, and Facebook.