TWO men ONE vision; to create a company so “Xtra’d Out” that it encompasses multi levels of music entertainment. Already deemed a popular rapper and producer at Susan Miller Dorsey high school in the late 1990’s, Choc approached talented Maaly to join his group, “Lo-Lifes”. This musical union proved genius and in the Spring of 2000, King Choc and Mista Maaly founded Xtra’d Out Muzic in Los Angeles, CA. Both Mista Maaly and King Choc hold the titles of Founders and Chief Executive Officers of the company.
Xtra’d Out Muzic is an entertainment company specializing in music production, entertainment, live performances and films.
Xtra’d Out Muzic teamed up with director Rod McMillan of Big Dog Films in a joint venture to create the captivating web series titled “Dk, Inc.” (viewable on YouTube keyword: DKInctv). The series chronicles two young men on a quest to launch a successful and lucrative record company but quickly become entangled in continuous drama when a newly signed artist and her street lifestyle come as a package deal.
King Choc is a brilliant music producer, passionate artist, skilled song writer and budding actor with the label.
Mista Maaly is the golden voice of hip hop and reggae who is also an artist, song writer and promising actor. He adds an unparalleled flavor to the label, perfectly blending both hip hop and reggae to his compositions.
Xtra’d Out Muzic’s founders fueled their drive to be hip hop greats and were mentored by the legendary DJ Bobcat, who helped build the careers and produced hip hop royalty such as, LL Cool J, Ice Cube, 2Pac, and Mack 10. The go-getting CEOs have also been mentored, coached, and worked with the likes of DJ Battlecat, Jayo Felony, XZIBIT, Latoiya Williams, Shinehead, the late great Prince Ital Joe, and the legendary Dr. Dre.
Previous projects produced by Xtra’d Out Muzic include: The Leak Vol. 1 (a compilation of some of Los Angeles’ up-and-coming artists), “DIME ST. NEWS”, Mista Maaly’s EP “A Long Time Coming”, a single titled “Thicka than a Snicka”, and a slew of other hot singles. The label also backed King Choc’s EP ” U gotta dolla???” and mixtape album “MAMAZ MUZIC VOL. 1”.
The formation of Xtra’d Out Muzic between CEOs King Choc and Mista Maaly has proved to be a perfect collaboration of music production, talented lyrics, and an innovative expansion into film. The ambitious minds of these founders work tirelessly to offer the best sound in current entertainment. So be on the lookout for the flyest bourgeoning entertainment company to hit the West Coast this millennium. Crank up your search engines to google, follow, tweet, snap or IG Xtra’d Out Muzic because “Either U In, Or U XTRA’D OUT!!!!”.
As we head into the Holiday season and close out 2016 we had a chance to chop it up with Mista Maaly, while he was the homie King Choc, and it went a little something like this..
1. What’s good homie? For starts how did you come up with your name?
Maaly is a nickname from my government name Jamaal that my homie’s been calling me ever since school days.
2. We hear a strong golden era west coast influence in your music. Do you feel the new generation is lacking in substance and content compared to the era that inspired you?
The golden era of Hip Hop raised us and I definitely notice a big lack in lyrical content now compared to the era that inspired us.
3. Is that what made you drop “Make Hip Hop Great Again”, because of the youth’s lack of the fundamentals that made the genre so iconic?
Fo sho also the fact that some of these so called rappers choose to open they mouth and speak disrespectfully on the ones that opened the door for them. We dropped “Make Hip Hop Great Again” to let them know we holding any and everybody accountable for that wack ass music.
4. When we had a chance to listen to this project it had so many dope sounds and really sounded like a solid west coast based project. What’s youre favorite joint on there and why?
I don’t really got no favorite record on there. It’s like the whole project to me is a experience like Choc say no fast forward. I’m just proud of the finished product.
5. How did you guys link with the OG, Jayo Felony? That collabo came out dope!
King Choc-Jayo been our boy for years, so when the opportunity presented itself for us to do some muzic together we collectively jumped on it. He came up with the idea and hook and the rest is history!
6. So when did you first start dabbling into your artistry?
We been rockin together since high school over 20 years ago. Just bussin in the circles at lunch and shit.
7. We hear your disgust with Lil Yachty and his comments about those who came before him. Why are dudes like this getting a pass into today’s industry?
I think them dudes get a pass because we don’t control the music no more. We had standards!
8. Who are your favorite Rapper and Producer in the game?
Awww man, I like a whole bunch of mc’s and producers… Kendrick, j.cole, Nipsey, Game to name a few. Production wise I love focus, dem jointz, Paul cabbin, metro boomin, battlecat, Dr. Dre, QUIK… I can on and on with producers.
9. What’s coming next after you finishing running with this project?
Next we got my solo project Vice Versa coming soon. I’m going in on my
Hip Hop/Reggae vibes it’s about to be crazy.
10. Do you have any plans to drop an album in the future or mixtape only?
We just working so you getting some of everything Albums, Mixtspes, EP’s with Hop Hop projects, Reggae projects, R&B projects all of it just being XTRA’D OUT.
11. What’s your long term goal for the game. Go big Indy or get signed to a major?
We just want to be able to get our music out to the people. Indy or Major all that can always be negotiated but you gotta have the people or it won’t make sense either way Indy or Major.
12. You went in on “On Ya Head”! The new project you got coming out, do you have more joints like that? Straight bars.
Big respect I appreciate that, yeah the bars is a big part of it for me and they coming from all angels on this album, they don’t call me the Lyrical Rudeboy for nothing.
13. It was good chopping it up with you homie and you got some fire for sure! Let our readers
know where to check you out and connect with you. The floor is yours..
Connect with us by email
or link up on social media
And remember EITHER U IN OR U XTRA’D OUT!!!!